Thursday, July 2, 2009

It Finally Happened...

The vet came out to see Lipton on Tuesday, and we discovered one of our worst fears. He hasn't torn anything, but his Deep Digital Flexor Tendon is so weak that we have to treat it like it's torn. It was confirmed that he is made of cotton candy and eggshells.

So he's on 6 months of rehab and he's walk only until about 3 and a half months into the whole thing. He can't be seriously worked again until freaking JANUARY. So I don't get to show until next year, at least not anything more than 4-H and In-Hand. This has sent me into a spin of not wanting to do anything anymore. The barn is the last place I want to be right now, but I know I don't have a choice, especially since I'm moving in there on Monday.

This is going to be a very long six months, and I'd rather it be over right now. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment