Thursday, August 9, 2012

#53 - See Miss America Live in Vegas

So this happened way back in January, but I'm just getting around to blogging about it. Wow. Go me.

I only managed to get to one preliminary night and finals night, but that still fulfills my bucket list requirements, and I will say, it was QUITE A SHOW. I watched the amazing Miss Washington, Brittney Henry, perform her talent on Thursday and found out later she won non-finalist talent (deservingly so). I also got to go back to the reception area afterwards and talk to some of my pageant sisters, and B, which was awesome.

Finals night was ridiculous. I've never been to a live taping of anything before, so it was a totally different atmosphere for me. We sat in front of some people who were from Texas, who weren't pageant people but just happened to get tickets to the pageant because they were in Vegas. They seemed to really enjoy it even though they didn't know the ins and outs. Although I was disappointed that my girl didn't make Top 15, it was still a wonderful pageant and I was very happy with the outcome.

So, here are some pictures from my trip:

I found these awesome Dinosaur necklaces that I bought for myself and my roommate.

With Miss WA 2011 and 2007 at visitation on Thursday

The cousins and I at the Wax Museum. I was so much taller than ALL OF THE FIGURES.

My baby cousin and I before finals night with our WA signs that they took away from us. =(


So there's the trip in a nutshell. I'm also up to 131 things to do! OH NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment