Monday, October 26, 2009

Forgetting the Important Things

And of course I forgot the most important thing of all today!

Rare Prestige STS (Gabriel), my first baby, now 2 years old was ranked 29th in the nation for the United States Dressage Federation Dressage Sport Horse In-Hand Horse of the Year for 2 Year Old Colts and Geldings with a total score of 69.4%.

Okay, that's a mouthful. I'm so proud of him! He went to 2 shows, Beaujolais and the Breeders Classic. At Beaujolais he won his 2 year old class with a score of 78.2% which also led him to being Reserve Champion Colt/Gelding behind a 3 year old Stallion, and then 4th place Young Horse. He did not have such good fortune at the Breeders Classic, scoring only a 66.3% on day 1. The judge had a type in mind, and that type was not Gabriel. Day 2 his scores improved slightly with a 70.3% and a 68.5%.

Anyways, I guess that's a good light to shine on all the bad things going on my horsey-life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment